Case Study 1 | Case Study 2 | Case Study 3
- Problem: A leading regional hobby chain was experiencing increasing print advertising costs with decreasing sales impact.
- Goal: Develop an efficient insert allocation and distribution strategy to maximize return on the company’s print media investment.
- Solution: As Vice President of Marketing, David completely revamped the newspaper insert distribution strategy, targeted circulation and reduced costs by taking the following steps:
- Analyzing key demographics and ranking sales and transaction activity by zip code for each location.
- Defining micro markets around each store and identifying the best and worst performing towns and zip codes.
- Establishing penetration goals based on the new rankings.
- Reallocating the insert distribution to maximize penetration into top performing areas and reducing distribution in poorly performing and outlying locations.
- Renegotiating newspaper contracts to reflect the new distribution strategy.
- End result: An improved insert coverage in the best performing areas and a $2.5 million reduction in newspaper insert costs.